About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New news and crazy changes

Man, so much change. So much new. Planning on being brief. That in itself is a change.

Not sure what order to go in...

First, my eating habits are completely different than anything from my past. So much so that it's unrecognizable. Still haven't figured it out. Just know that food played too great of a role in my life. I think I'd say I had some addictions. Learning and striving to make sure I honor God with this body that He entrusted to me. Feeling much more convicted / invited into that. Hard to explain how major it's been. Again, to downplay, we'll just say it hasn't been without struggle.

Second, some of you might have read on Facebook, but as of tonight my planner has been retired. If you're unfamiliar with this planner, it's the large black thing that was usually attached to my hand. At times I pretended it was a Bible when I had forgotten my Bible for small group meetings. Somehow I never forgot my planner. At my church in Florida we actually took classes on how to use the systems in this planner. It was a lifestyle... I mentioned before, but I was never quite sure who was controlling who... think usually the planner called the shots. There were definitely obsessive compulsive issues between me and this planner. Not healthy, but made for a lot of funny heckling from my peoples... for some reason they liked to hide my planner. Those memories feel like a bad dream. Still not quite ready to laugh at those memories.

I still have to keep up with things, but on a whole different scale. Went to Target today. Found a small clearance planner for less than $5! The only color they had was pink. I'm okay with that. It's just going to be a tool to record a few things... not the puppet-master that dangles the strings making me (the puppet) do whatever it says.

It is about 1/100th of the size of my old planner.  The bright pink wasn't captured well with the camera.


Lastly, yesterday I got contacted from a church I've been in dialogue with... They would like to continue the interview process. The next step will be the fourth tier in the process. Very interested in the position. Very excited about the possibility. Very curious. Still don't know where God wants me or what He wants me to do. Not sure if this is where He wants me. Had no intentions of sharing this with the masses. Think I am afraid to express interest just in case they decide they're not interested in me. Wondering if they do offer me the position, but I don't sense it's God's call for me... will I be faithful? That would definitely be a crazy risk.

Some new things. Many changes. Guess I wasn't as brief as I thought. Some things don't change.

No comments:

Post a Comment