About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Three Words

Sensing that God has put three words on my heart today…
The first word is, “repent.”  As I’ve been studying Acts I’m always struck by Peter’s call to the people to repent.  My mind quickly returned to a sermon I gave quoting Richard Baxter on Acts 2.  He challenged us to realize that all revival starts with repentance… personal, individual repentance… starting with me.  Another book I read today said, “Repentance is the beginning of the answer.”  I thought God might be giving this word to share in a teaching way.  Actually, it was His word for me to practice.  Tonight some very gross parts of my heart became evident.  Hardness was exposed.  I try to rationalize the hardness (as always).  Repentance is all I can do.  Grateful for mercy.  Embarrassed about this hardness… even though it was not exposed to the public.
The next word that stood out to me was, “river.”  In the context that it hit me this word was symbolic of the Spirit and the work of the Spirit.  The Spirit is at work.  Exposing.  Sustaining.  Interceding.  Stirring.  Granting mercy.  He is with… 
The last word is, “risk.”  Not certain, but feel like God might be encouraging me to take a risk.  I’m not a risk taker.  Before I take anything like a risk I calculate all potential outcomes… I make sure I can control and respond to each of these in an acceptable way.  Obviously, I don’t do much risk.  Think it might be the season for a risk.  That’s a pretty scary thought… at the same time it’s a little exciting too.

No comments:

Post a Comment