About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

faith book

Hebrews has been a lifeline for me (Kelly) this summer.  Pastor issued an invitation that we read it and discuss it together.

walking by faith in Hebrews....us, two messies...side by side

He, partnered with God, have taught me a lot. I am a slow learner so I have stayed here quite a while.... reading... rereading ...learning... hoping... thinking .... asking.


I have learned a lot this summer.  Many things have changed my life.  Most things have stirred great desire.  All things have been hard and costly.  Self-awareness is often a painful thing, at least for me.  Lately, I have realized just how weary I am.  I think I spent most of the summer trying to authentically speak truth and cheer my husband on.  This crop has produced all it can for now.  It's time for rest.  It's time to let the land heal a bit and let the Gentle Gardener replenish the only way He can.  All striving must cease...it must.  I simply don't have the energy for it.


I have camped out in the persevering part of Hebrews.  I must nourish this body and brain with truth for the daily battles strip me.  Chapter 12 has really been speaking to me lately....titles that remind..."Do not grow weary,"  oops... and, "A kingdom that cannot be shaken," these bring much needed sustenance.    I felt like yesterday God spoke these love words to me through the unknown author of Hebrews.  In 12:12 it says, "Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for  your feet, so that WHAT IS LAME MAY NOT BE PUT OUT OF JOINT BUT RATHER BE HEALED."
Sometimes me being loved on by God looks a lot like this..... because, I forget His passionate love over me
      
I am a lame woman.  God knows this to be true as well as my family.  We talk about it often, and I ask them to pray for me.    However, I don't want to just give up.  I want HEALING.  There are many beautiful stories all throughout scripture where God has used the lameness of a bleeding woman, a limp, a stutter, the demon possessed,  a thorn, fear, the dead, doubt, and many other forms of brokenness to produce great  God opportunity.


I will choose to lift my drooping hands, and they are heavy.  I will ask Daddy-God to strengthen these weak knees.  I will continue to use my scripture roadmap, that always has current GPS ability, to make straight paths for my feet.  I will learn about resting in the ONE that will turn my lameness to healing.


Today, I am confident of these two things....the biggest messes in my life are often the ones I create.

thankful for the tender hands that help tidy up what I have taken a wrecking ball too....blessed by the Helpful Spirit



And, He longs for me to stop trying so hard and just rest in the complete work He has already done.  It's already finished.  This lame woman is already declared in perfect working order for the task He has planned....maybe just not the ones I make for myself....
Ahhhh...to be a woman that lives out of REST....so much to
learn....certain that....


the harvest basket that is empty today He soon will fill again....rich fruit is on it's way...











No comments:

Post a Comment