About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

bibbidi bobbidi boo

My son has said these words about 1,000 times today.  He ends each phrase with "bibbidi bobbidi boo!"  The crazy thing about this fact is that I am not sure Elliott has even seen Cinderella.  

At first, this phrase annoyed me...ALOT...and then it spoke.  It communicated the frustration whirling in me like the California wind tunnel I saw....I am feeling so many things with such intensity that my insides are screaming..."BIBBIDI BOBBIDI BOO!"  I want to wave a wand and declare things into being.  I want to open my brain to the new and rest in the knowing.  I want to function out of training I have not yet received.  I want to love out of unbrokenness.  I want to have a sure faith.  I want to master tasks.  I want to move ahead...lead...teach...invite..share...offer hope....I want immediate results...I want it now.

                                    

I am having some home school time with my princesses at the pool....enjoying the blessing of flexibility.  As we were loading up the car... hands full and cell phone crashing and rolling under the car...  I had a clear vision of one of my key problems.  I hate process.  I love arrival.  I am not good at enjoying the journey.  I just want to "get there."  

The wind is blowing here at the Greenbrook pool.....this time not like the one swirling the dirt.  Today, a gentle breeze refreshes and reminds me that I need to take a breath.  I need to rest.  I need to allow the Lord to lead.  I need to enjoy the journey.  Before I know it, the journey will end, and I will miss those paths and steps.  I will miss this today.

I am praying for a remembering spirit.  I am praying for a mind and heart that can discern what is best...fully aware that our God is a God of journeys more than bibbidi's.

No comments:

Post a Comment