About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

ahh yes...I remember this

Sunday scurrying.  Hustle and Bustle and rush out the door.  Brush teeth, brush hair, shove down breakfast, make sure kids have grabbed their snack.  Quick kisses and smiling faces. 
Today, Shorty and Lu spent the morning worshipping with old friends.  Pastor and Bud visited a new church and I had sweet heart time with a precious sister-friend.  I felt two things as I glanced at at my crumb-filled, empty table...one, I miss our "together."  And, two...this feels familiar.  Familar doesn't always mean bad or good.  Today, it felt safe in probably a bad way.  Normal let me pretend that things were as they used to be.  I pretended for a moment that Pastor was off at his job, and I was just doing what I have been doing for the past 2 years, taking care of the needs of a little person named Charli.  That doesn't take away that fact that it was a rich morning.  We were all blessed, encouraged and stirred.



It also made me very thankful that we chose to do our family Sabbath yesterday.  I find myself longing for our Sabbath now.  Thankful that our God is not big on formulas and how to's. 

I love that we serve a God that longs for us to long for Him....to enjoy Him...to rest in Him...to DELIGHT in Him.....as I learn how to do this I am seeing how I am better able to love others and better live this out.
no strategies...no 7 steps....just enjoy....ENJOY...who would've thought?  So humbled by our God's kindness today....oh, that I would grasp how long, how deep, and how wide HIS love is...seeing it a little better each day....hoping that with my better vision heart change will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment