About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

a big pile of poop

Pastor and I spent some time today getting our garden ready for fall.  The soil is rock hard.  It is depleted, and it resists being stirred.  Today, we purchased a humus-manure combo to help replenish and pour back into this earth so it will bear fruit again in a few short months.
Stinky, dirty, pile of poop.   Pastor and I couldn't help but point out the craziness we were discovering as we slowly tilled this into our garden.  Poop replenishes.  It restores.  It adds health.  The muck that was covering Pastors arms was the very thing that would help bring new life and beauty to our rotting-raised bed.  We enjoyed sharing how this is true in our lives.  The very thing that stinks and make others and even ourselves want to run can be the very thing that stirs up new life, new beauty.   We are always so quick to want to wash our hands of the mess....today...I enjoyed raking it in.
When I was in California, God reminded me of many things He had planted in me long ago.  My eyes were reopened to types of worship that I long to learn more about.  I long to learn more about intercession, artful worship and dancing before the King.  I don't long to perform for man, but I do long to use all of me to worship Him....any gift He wants to give...I want to receive....any gift or desire He has given me I want to pour back out to Him in worship.  I am hungry to learn.  I want to learn so that I can be used to teach.  Some of the church leaders of the next generation live under my roof.  I want open eyes so that they too might see all the wonderful ways we can worship our God.

                        
I learned about Humus today too.  "Humus is the stable, long lasting remnant of decaying organic material. It improves soil structure and increases water retention."  The truth in my life is the Humus.  It provides stability and increases my ability to retain what was planted long ago.  When all else falls away, truth is the long lasting remnant that remains.  It is His truth and His truth makes me want to dance....learning to twirl in the manure.  





No comments:

Post a Comment