About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, August 15, 2011

have to...get to

learning this today....
eyes that only see "have to's"  miss blessings
"have to"... means irritation
"have to"...expresses lack of desire
"have to"... communicates inconvenience
"have to" speaks duty...drudgery...
the "have to" posture robs the heart of the "get to's"

Today, God invited a woman who was dreading the start of school to have new eyes.  He was reminding me that I get to.  I GET TO DO THIS...what a priveledge...what  a gift.....I get to be Ms. Mimi to my precious students.  I get to be the tool that shapes and teaches.  I get to invest...I get to challenge, encourage, bless, struggle alongside....get to...

Here are some of the things my new eyes saw today....thankful that we serve a God that is an expert vision corrector

my little people make me hungry for better vision

               
 my students need to see their mommy-teacher be silly
"get to's" remind me to be intentional about  providing earthly and spiritual food


"get to's" remind me that our home, though it has many tears, is also one of laughter 
"get to's" remind me that they are worth knowing and worth documenting


 
"get to's" remind me that I can celebrate them and make our home&school one of joy and delight

As I cherish these pictures in my head, in my camera, and in my heart....I say "thank you" for letting me... TODAY.... fully realizing that every "get to" is for a season and the next season I may not "get to"

No comments:

Post a Comment