About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

californ IA

yes...Pastor's wife is heading out early in the A.M. No, I am not going to pursue my lifelong passion of being rich and famous... though, the money would come in handy these days.  But, I am going on a gold hunt.

I have no problem reminding you that I am on HOPE's mission.  Since my sons went to be with Jesus I have sought out the Lord's hope just about anywhere I can find it.  And, I am finding it everywhere...especially when I choose to see.



Pastor's scribbles

A precious sister and her family invited me to go to a women's conference titled HOPE.  Along with the gracious invitation they made a way for me to go when there was no way.  I love that God allows us to be waymakers for others.  I receive this as a gift.

I have many hopes as I embark on this trip.  I won't bore you with all the fears that accompany them.  I am very aware that the normal temptation would see this opportunity as a "vending machine" experience.  I bring my desire...make myself available...I participate hard...close my eyes... and, then, receive my prize.

a hopeful princess risking and  hoping it pays off

I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted.  Truth is, God knows my heart.  He sees my longings...and they are many...but at my core, maybe for the first time ever....I just want more of the ONE that wants ALL of me.  I am excited.  I really am....I am terrifyingly excited.

Not sure what's gonna happen to me while I am gone.  Pastor and I have discussed this.  I can tell you, whatever God makes available I will recieve as a child receives on Christmas....with giddy joy.  I am expectant.  YES! 

As I explained to my Bud just a few minutes ago as he was eating a messy-sweet bread concoction and  was freaking out over the sticky mess....I said "Bud, sometimes really good things are worth the mess."  I know this to be true.  No doubt, the Lord will undo me in messy ways as He makes a new thing true in me.  Again, worth the mess.
In about 16 hours I will be headed towards something new and different.  I can hardly believe it.  This scared girl that has been homebound for close to 2 years is going far away....away from my control.  Hoping that as I leave my control on Ridgegate Lane His control will propel me even deeper on the pathway to......







2 comments:

  1. Booooo I hate it when I comment and the comment disappears. I can only be clever once in awhile! ;)
    Wishing you Godspeed on this journey. May the Lord meet you every step of the way and may He fill you to overflowing. Praying for Hope. And for you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying! Hoping with you! Trusting Him to pour abundantly!

    ReplyDelete