About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Looking




Looking
Waiting
Curious
Watching
Anticipating
Freedom
Expectant

These words summarize my heart. They also remind me of our little Charli.

I don't mean this in a derogatory way, but it often feels like Charli is very much like a pet. She crawls across the floor... she chews on anything she can find... she occasionally barks or squawks. As I mentioned yesterday, when she wants attention, she crawls up to me and bumps her head into my body. This little monkey has developed a few predictably, common practices. For one, she throws her pacifier out of her bed... every day. Another one..she also crawls up to the windows in the house just to look outside. Occasionally, she'll yell at someone or something, but usually it's just to look... as if she's expecting something.

Still trying to figure out what it is that I'm looking for. I think I'll know it when I see it. Wanting to dream. Not totally sure how to do it. The whole “risk” part of dreaming seems to keep me too grounded.

Talked with Kel a few more times lately. (She's out of town at a conference.) She's anything but “grounded,” and it's awesome... exciting, terrifying, paradigm-altering, beautiful, enticing...

Can't wait to see her... I know she's not coming back until Monday morning, but so excited that I feel like I'm ready to start staring out the windows in anticipation of her arrival now. Sounds like there are some major, new, fresh, stirrings within her... hope I recognize her. Have a feeling I'll be just as crazy excited even if I don't... 

1 comment:

  1. all of those words describe our hearts too! thanks for sharing and encouraging us to dig deeper and be braver.

    ReplyDelete