About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, August 26, 2011

The End of a Season


This marks the end of a season. No, I'm actually not being overdramatic. Nor am I even speaking in a metaphor. Literally, this weekend is the end of my adult league soccer season. Not that other people are interested in it, but for some reason I get great joy talking about it. One of my best buddies and I love to talk before the games and after the games... maybe enjoy the banter more than we like playing the games. Tradition is that I actually call him on the way home from the game. Yes, we do talk at the field too. It's just a lot of fun. I know it doesn't make sense, but not everything is logical. Just enjoying the opportunity to mention it...

Anyways, back to the normal routine... just want to share that Kelly and I are really tired. I know, you're saying to yourself, “Me too.” I'm not trying to play the martyr. Our bodies are tired, but it's much more than just our bodies. Sleep doesn't seem to give them what they need.

Our spirits are tired. Wanting to learn more about what it means for us to rest (again, not talking about literally sleeping). Not sure. Hope to learn more.

Definitely a season of learning. Wanting to change my attitude about change.

Took a “Victory Walk” with Kel today. It had been a rough day. When we got into an argument earlier this morning, I didn't realize that I had been keeping score in the back of my mind... meaning, I brought up something completely unrelated to the argument at hand. That breaks the first rule of conflict management. Anyways, I might share more about that tomorrow... or Kelly might... or we might not. Anyways, back to the walk. I called it a “Victory Walk,” because we paused (metaphorically, since we were actually walking) to think of all the things we could count as “wins” over the last couple months. We paused to celebrate little things and big things. One was Shorty's quick response of obedience today without saying, “But I just...” at the beginning of her disappointed rebuttal. Others were larger. Somehow I think this walk might have helped in movement towards the rest we long for.

Definitely needing to remind myself of truth today.

Seems it's easy to get caught up in the routine and not look deeper into my heart. Easy to get busy. Easy to stay on the surface.

Speaking of... we play potentially our last soccer game tomorrow... if we lose, the season's over. If we win, we'll play again. If we win that one, we'll play in the championship.

Either way, the season's over this weekend. For all of you die hard fans out there... there's always next season. I'll try to keep you posted on how things develop in the off season.  

No comments:

Post a Comment