About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

a different kind of day

What  a difference a day can make.  I am thankful for a God that would allow us to start over fresh each day.  Yesterday was a doozy!  After many more attempts,  I went to bed without my youngest princess drinking anything.  I had to fight all the what if's that wanted to attack my already fatigued mind.  The enemy loves to lurk in the late, dark.  I prayed, and I released... as much as I could.

Morning came as it always does.

Today is Bud's 4th birthday.   As I awoke I chose with my spirit to make today a blessing... for him, for my girls, even for me.  I have a choice, and today I choose to celebrate.  I love the change that even a birthday brings.  Our good God knows how rut-bound our hearts are.  
So far... the day has been crazy, full and wonderful.  Charli drank half a bottle this morning.  After lunch she returned to her old "wall-well," and you'll be glad to know I promptly removed her.  I offered her some water in a sippy cup, and for the first time I think she got it and liked it.  I am learning that water is her beverage of choice.  There's just something about WATER that is life giving.

I think today I am just in awe.  Yesterday was such a dark mind and heart day.  I have some broken parts in me that simply cannot be mended.  I have to be delivered from them.  I feel like some deliverance has come for me today.  I have tired, fresh eyes.  I like today's vision much better.  Yes... what a difference a day can make.  I was blessed by a comment yesterday that mentioned a break in the clouds with light shining through.  I've got my break today.  As I type this... all bundled up under a blanket with my heater on... the sun is shining beautifully behind me.  I am reminded... AGAIN... that storms will always come, but I don't have to choose fear in the midst of them.  He has given me an anchor.  
The Daddy that loves me asks me to walk by faith.  He invites me to lay down the super-human and lean on the SUPERNATURAL.  I don't need to be a super woman, super mom, super wife, super anything.  I have no need to hide behind something I am not.  No reason to cover up my anchor hope with the flashy.   I just need to be messy ole' me... living over here on Ridgegate... crying out.  I must always remember that my Deliverer is coming.  It's important for me...
and for the ones that only know about the storms through their momma's tears... for someday their own boat will rock on the waves of the enemy.   May I always remember the power deposited in me...  so that when the enemy strikes again... with all his might...  I will remember my anchor.  I will fight the temptation to battle using my own powers... instead I will raise my little finger and point to THE STORM CALMER.

This heart is so thankful for a different kind of day... even if it does officially mark this little prince one year closer to becoming a warrior man.
Right now, I am just drinking deep of the sweet and small...  and saying thanks for the blessings of today.

1 comment:

  1. Amen and amen! God put you on my heart yesterday and at 11:44 am I sent a text to Adam to see how you were all doing especially Charli. God never ceases to amaze me! Now I know why He had me praying...for a brighter day! Fod a new perspective, a thankful one, an empowering one!!!
    This is part of a song based on Job that always comes to my mind when life gets dark and I don´t see the light shining...For I know my Redeemer lives and at the end He will stand on the earth...though my flesh will be destroyed yet with my eyes I will see God! For I know my Redeemer lives and I will stand with Him on that day!...
    ♥¯`°º•¤.¸¯`°º•¤.¸ ♥ ¸.¤•º°´¯ ¸.¤•º°´¯ ¸.¤•º° ¸.¤•º° ¤ ¸.¤•º°
    ~~~~ *********REJOICING WITH YOU!!! ***********~~~~
    ¸.¤•º°´¯ ♥ ¯`°º•¤. ♥♥~ ~*~*~*~~♥♥¸.¤•º°´¯ ♥ ¯`°º•¤. ¸ ¤ ¯`°º•¤. ¸
    ¤•º°´¯ ¸.¤•º°´¯ ¸.¤•º°´¯ ♥ ¯`°º•¤. ¸¯`°º•¤.
    Happy Birthday Buddy!!! I love you sis, God is working in you, through you and with you to show His mercy and grace to us all. Give Him all those pieces, you´ll be surprised what He can do with them. A masterpiece for His glory!!!
    Always in your corner :-) Simi

    ReplyDelete