About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

working...

Good Pastor here... well, I'm working.  Yes, I have a job.  Man, that still feels good to say.  Feels so good to be doing it again.  Deeply missing my family. 

To be completely honest... without using exageration... the people here have absolutely showered me with love.  I've felt so welcomed by the staff and the rest of the church body.  It has truly been amazing.  So deeply blessed by how the staff prayed over me... for me and my family!  So humbled by the kindness of the families that have invited me into their homes!  They make me feel like I'm doing them a favor by eating their food, using their utilities, changing their routines!  These people are crazy... in a really good way.

On the flip side this commuting is going to be much more difficult than I originally realized.  Definitely trying to maximize my time here by getting as much done as I can... it's just harder than I had thought being away from my bride and monkeys.

Still needing much prayer... Charli really needs to consume more of her formula!  Please pray for that.  Kel's got her hands more than full... she's flying solo, homeschooling two, caring for a sick baby and watching a sweet (and extremely handsome) wild animal (= 3 year old boy).  Also, I'm definitely needing wisdom.  When I started ministry full-time, I knew everything.  It was wonderful being omniscient back then.  Somehow I've realized that I know next to nothing.  More aware of that than ever lately.  Excited, but also desperately wanting the Lord to provide clear direction and vision.  Grateful that He does speak.

The good news is... I'm working.... and I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment