About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Been "working like a 3-legged sled dog" as they say... not sure who, "they," is, but I know that "they" say things like that.  That's much more than an exaggeration... not working like a 3-legged sled dog... just working more than I have been in awhile.  Longer days and nights, but I'm not in Ohio all the time so it makes sense.  Definitely loving the people.  Definitely loving the church.  Very excited to be here.  Looking forward to knowing people better... having a better grasp on the in's and out's of the church.

One of the main things I've been reminded of is the potential detriments to my spiritual health that can be by-products of full-time ministry.  Been reminded that being deeply invested in ministry can take its toll on my own personal pursuit of the Lord, my own spiritual disciplines (i.e. prayer life, time in the Lord, etc.).  Grateful for the reminder so I can be extra attentive to guard against this.  The past 5 months have been such a rich, rich time for me spiritually.  Don't want to do anything that might stifle that!

I remember a seminar I considered taking for grad school.  It was called, "Seminary or Cemetery?"  I loved the title.  The premise was that as you study scripture, theology, church history, counseling, etc... well, it can become an academic process.  It can become divorced of heart, calling, opportunity to know and experience the Lord.  Same is true of actually "doing" ministry.  Somehow the heart can quickly be overlooked by the "to do" list.  Comes down to a lot of lies.  Lies like, "The success of this ministry is contingent upon the number of hours I work... and the ideas I come up with!"  That's an ugly lie.  Truth is... He is completely in control, and He is good.  Success is contingent upon Him.  I'm just called to be faithful.  Need to remind myself of that... minute by minute.

Hoping to remember truth.  Hoping for change.

Sensed that the Lord impressed the word, "Change," upon my heart very strongly last night (and throughout today).  The time for change is now.  Not wanting things to remain the same.  Unless there is change, things will remain the same.  Hoping for change in who I am.  Change in how I do ministry.  Hoping for change in my little Charli's life. 

Wanting ministry to be different this time... always enjoyed it in the past... just hoping for more of Him in it...  looking forward to change (that in itself is a major change for me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment