About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Still here

Hanging out in the hospital room with Panda (that's one of Charli's love names). Celebrating. So much to celebrate.

She got the best night of sleep she's had since being here. Much life is visible in her little face and body. Aware of the warfare involved in this battle... excited about this life.
Charli's getting too much energy to rest... she's trying to peek and climb out of her cocoon.  This little creepy crawler  didn't want to rest.
Charli went for a little ride with her best buddy, Monkey.
We were in the playroom at the hospital.  Charli saw a little boy who looked like Elliott.  I think she was hopeful it was her, "Buddy."  She misses her family.
A few precious smiles and even a couple silly giggles have returned... so priceless. These giggles and smiles do this daddy's heart more good than I can communicate. The playing with toys... Panda even cuddled in my lap for an hour while we watched part of “Tangled.” This may sound normal, but it's never happened before in her life! She's a sweet little thing, but she's not an affectionate princess. Yesterday, she accidentally kissed me on my shoulder. You might wonder how someone accidentally kisses someone else. Well, she was imitating me popping my lips, and her mouth was against my shoulder. May sound crazy, but I immediately started to cry. It was such a sweet gift (even if it was an accident!). I've longed for her affection so much. My heart's been extra tender... the hospital with Charli stirs things within me that are still so hard... sadness over Lincoln and Tucker... memories of daily visits and fear when Charli was struggling in the NICU. Today I'm celebrating. Grateful that she has been so much happier.


Tomorrow morning Charli will have more blood work done.  Lord-willing, the test results will be sufficient improvement for us to go home!  If that's the case, I'll probably drop her off only to be throwing things in a suitcase to leave immediately for Ohio.  


Excited about the new opportunities in Ohio... very excited.  At the same time... already missing my family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment