About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

rising

About six months ago my precious brother and his family gave us a sweet gift.  It was a love gift.  He gave us a gift card for us to grab a meal as a family when Adam got canned.  We were blown away by the gesture and tucked the card away deciding we would use it when it was time to celebrate.

After half a year of waiting and lots of praying, crying and seeking... our time finally came.  We got to celebrate as a family.  Not only did we celebrate Pastor's new job but we also celebrated our family.  We were together all six... all healthy... all eating something... all celebrating the reward of hope.
The kids drank deep the joy that comes with surprise celebrations.
Vegan cheese and safe bread made it a party for all.

Going out to eat is a huge thrill for our family because of our allergy situation.  I can count on my hands how many times we have been able to do this.  It blesses a momma's heart to see her kids giggle with thankful hearts.

All of my babies this side of heaven breaking bread over a restaurant table.  Smiles are everywhere.
I love looking across the table and seeing Pastor with his prince and a princess.
It blesses a family to share life together... eat together... make memories and celebrate God's faithfulness.
This day has been a long time rising in this raggedy heart of mine.  I am so thankful it has come...
I know that a longing fulfilled is a tree of life, and  I am a big fan of those life carrying trees.  They call out for Hope to arise in new ways so that next time there's a drought I can look around at my crop of life trees and REMEMBER... God's best is always coming... it's like this dough of hope... it just may need some time to rise.









No comments:

Post a Comment