About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, November 14, 2011

risky hope?

Today we had our first official showing.  It was chaotic, but it felt nice to have a looker... especially since Pastor says we will have a contract by the end of the month.  We have another showing tomorrow.  We are hoping with a risky kind of HOPE...

Is their really another kind?  Isn't the very nature of hope risky?  I have strong desire.  I lay it out there naked before God and man and... HOPE.  For me, to hope means I am dreaming and believing that those dreams will come true.  I've been dreaming for awhile, and I still find that I have lots of dreams yet to be fulfilled.  God has already brought our youngest princess back from death's grip and the hospital more than once.  He has provided a job for Pastor... a really amazing job.  And, today we are all well, have more than we need, and on occasion Charli actually eats like a big kid.  All is really well with the Vaughans..., but I'm still hoping and dreaming.  I'm just crazy enough to hope that the person coming to see our home tomorrow will put a contract on it.  I am just looney enough to believe that God will bring a buyer in the worst market at the worst time of year to come and purchase this House of Hope.   I'm risky like that...

But, to be honest... I don't feel like it's that big of a risk.   For I know that God is ALWAYS working behind the scenes on my behalf.  He is an ALWAYS kind of God... always good... always...
 It doesn't mean His ways are mine, but it does mean his ways can be trusted.  Because He has a perfect gift for me and that perfect gift always casts out fear.
Whether I am wrestling fear regarding my babies, our job, our income, moving, selling, buying or just the daily struggle of what to feed my body...  I can rest in the Promising One.  I can choose to live out of something other than myself...  I can choose...
I often decline this invitation.  It's in my nature to flesh it out... not pretty.  But when I take the time to realign my thoughts on what is true,  I remember that I have seen My Mysterious King do the miraculous.  He has healed... is healing... and will continue to heal.  
Jehovah Rapha is a God of HOPE... BIG HOPE.  I don't know about you, but I need a BIG GOD!  We serve a God that wants His children to have risky, costly HOPE.   Is there any other kind worth having?

Still it can feel very frightening... to speak it out... to claim something unknown in the tangible.  It's risky.

I am thankful that my Good Papa calls me His bride and never stops romancing my heart in wild ways.
Not just a bride... His bride.  He is a wild God!  What God would offer such HOPE, such LOVE, such JOY, and such healing?  This God invites me to celebrate the blessing of the small like...
Babies that drink their bottles so they can come home...  pastors that search for months and land an interview and eventually get a dream job... momma's and daddy's that long for God to protect their little ones... not needing stitches... friendships... family... groceries... a warm home... a yellow sign in the yard... a Nana-realtor... lookers and a buyer... Q-doba's and ice cream. 

Today was the first.  Our first showing... small beginnings... yea!  Tomorrow holds a new adventure of its own.  And, as I wake up before the rest of my family, God will issue the same invitation that He issues to all everyday, "Today can be a day of HOPE for you...."  Will you risk and dance with me?




1 comment:

  1. praying...

    I dont' think this week will work after all, sorry. Nathan and katie are coming Sat. afternoon and besides getting ready for them, the week is packed. I miss you and love you

    ReplyDelete