About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

night vision


today... I am trying to see in the dark... working on my night vision.

My sister encouraged me today in the department of savoring.   (As I began that statement the reality of life and the work of the enemy have joined forces, and I had to send my two eldest to there rooms for discipline... great timing!)  

Anyway, as life will again change for the Vaughan family in a few short days, I want to savor the now.

It's the small things and the small people that make the biggest impact on our hearts and lives...

like sisters wanting to serve their brother with festive sandwiches at lunch time...
for cousin-friends dancing in the street to the tune of joy... 
Pastor-Daddy's playing with their prince-sons...
and sisters sharing the joys of the season...
for brothers that bring laughter to the heart
and the small arms that want to help carry blessings...

and for gifts that might not have been but are...
Today, I don't want to run from the dark.  I want to see in it...through it...
I want to be faithful to savor ... to enjoy the moments that will pass too quickly... I want to live in the truth that reminds me that there is joy to be had in the now...

For all too soon the little things will be gone.  
for everything dark or light, beautiful or ugly, joyful or sorrow-filled is only for a season.  Today, I've got my night goggles on.  I am going to savor in the dark... for I have much to savor... so much!   Off to release two of these from their rooms of discipline so I can enjoy them NOW!

Inviting you to wear some of your own seeing tools today!











No comments:

Post a Comment