About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

resting in Papa's arms

It's dark in here.
We have the lights off and the shades drawn.  We are trying to create an atmosphere of rest for Charli.
Many attempts to draw blood.  Only one partially successful, more attempts to follow.
A small body... big hurts... sad.
It is hard to see your children struggle.  I know my own parents have communicated this to me over the past couple of years.  They speak from knowing.
Charli is konked.  Finally resting.  She has her lovies and paci.   She is her typical, spunky self... only sleeping.
 I have to live in the now because I know tomorrow holds enough trouble of it's own, and a wise woman once taught me that I shouldn't borrow worry.
So today we battle on in prayer and rest in our Papa's arms.
Today, I don't feel scared.  I have peace.  All is as well as it can be.   What can worry do but steal from me?  It cannot change.

This doesn't mean I am without struggle.  I am fighting just like Charli... just a different battle.  Two warriors both marching forward towards...

HOPE!

We have received many gift from prayer already.  Hearing and believing that the seeds of death that were sewn into Charli's story will be defeated...TODAY!   Please join us in praying freedom over Charli.

A few other requests... We met with the nutritionist, and she recommended a new allergen free formula.  She thinks this could really help.  Pray that Charli loves it and gains weight quickly.  They won't let her leave until she gains weight.  Please pray that if anything is hidden in her frame that it would be revealed and healed.  We are waiting to meet with the GI doctor and and the doctor on call.

 I am not sure what today will hold, but we are remembering and singing (literally) the verses over Charli's life... to be strong and courageous to not be terrified or discouraged because our Good Papa will be with us wherever we go.

Lastly... for now... please pray for this momma's heart as I leave my Pastor behind to care for our tiniest sheep.  It will be a painful walk to the parking garage and a long drive home.  We have 3 other sheep at home that need love and attention.  Please intercede for them and their tender hearts.  I see God stirring in their stories.

Praying for Charli but remembering all the other needs around us.  It's a good reminder that life doesn't revolve around us, but.... we do serve a Great Physician that can heal ALL.  I am getting good practice at diversifying my prayer portfolio... EXPECTING HUGE pay-offs.

1 comment:

  1. Love your sweet and tender heart. Praying for all of your sheep. Especially the tiniest one.

    ReplyDelete