About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, November 18, 2011

light THE WAY

My smalls and I just finished up our 2nd annual Festival Of Lights at my brothers house.  It has become a holiday highlight around here.  We plan for it and countdown to it.  Decorating my brothers house for Christmas is a joy-giver, and we celebrate its arrival.


Somedays I forget that God is the Author of Celebrations.  As I think back to the story about Jesus' birth I remember that He was the one that thought up lighting up the night sky with celebratory lights.  Oh... I so want to be like those lights... all glowing, all lit up, all screaming in the dark...  I am celebrating who HE is... what HE has done, is doing, and will do.

Today, I am feeling a little charged.  My intense desire to be used for the kingdom is growing.  The Lord is using wild and crazy tools to change my cold heart into a warm inviting home that draws others to Himself.  
Sometimes I am tempted by the flashy so I must fight to remember truth... I can best be used for the Kingdom right where I am...as a homeschooling, diaper changing, spit up wearing, Pastor loving, dinner making, house cleaning disciple maker.  I feel joyful about that today.  To think, He would invite me to shine and help the other strands of light in this home burn for Him.
How easily I forget that no one can offer Him my exact gifts and if I am faithful with a little, more will be given.  My heart longs for stewardship that reflects The Good Steward.  I ache to be trustworthy.  I have much to learn about shining lights and so...

I choose to spend time with light experts, and I focus on being a learner.  I watch, I ask, I listen and on occasion...
The Teacher stretches me and lets me put what I am learning to good use.  I get to use my hands to be vessels that carry light.

So as I struggle with the waiting and learning and being faithful with "the smalls."  I enjoy the fact that the One in charge of the light within me sees me fit to help others shine.  I want to accept His invitation to learn.  I am just not good at patience...
He is aware of this, and He is not afraid... instead He lovingly wraps His arms around me and teaches.  I love this.  He does not rebuke me in my fumblings... He does not abandon me in my uncertainties... He doesn't give up on me when I feel like quitting.  No, He is The Perfect Light... always shining, always providing a way for the lost, always offering hope in the dark.  I am so thankful that He would let me be a strand of His brightness... may I be faithful to offer up my light for all to see so that...
when the world goes dark this house will light up THE WAY... praying this will be true of me.






No comments:

Post a Comment