About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

third day

This morning I got up before my princesses and hopped in the shower.  The window from our bathroom has an amazing view.  The sun was embellishing the trees and painting a breathtaking silhouette.  I remember uttering as I looked out and praying, "God, show me your glory."  And, there it was... right out my window... it was everywhere.  The truth is it's always there... my eyes just aren't always looking for it.

As I spent more time getting ready for what the Lord has for me today I continued to pray.  Almost immediately the Spirit brought to mind that I serve a Third Day God.  He makes things that were once true untrue on the third day.... death, pain, sadness, separation... all undone.

As I thought about Charli's third day in the hospital I was filled with peace... God-peace... and I was filled with expectation.  I am ready to make things that have been true about Charli's story... UNTRUE.  I am claiming healthy eating, proper development,  and a princess-warrior that thrives.  It's coming, and I am watching and waiting for it.

If you could see me, you would see a giant smile across my face.  I am typing this beside Charli's bed.  She has her cocoon on, but she is sitting up in there making calls on her toy phone and giggling.  All is better than well today.  The Lord has been romancing my heart while the dark was still present, and later....
I got these from this little fella.  Beautiful blooms from a handsome prince... a gift of love... just for me.
He knew of their beauty.  He knew of their scent.  He was thinking of me... and he offered.
Flowers are not in my love language... but today they blessed my socks off.  Hungry people are so very thankful for the offerings of another... especially those that are offered from the heart.  I ate and was filled full... or so I thought...

Pastor shared good news about Charli as I drove to the hospital, and again I praised God for third day victories.  This is what I saw when I got there...
This is not the child we have cared for the last couple of days...
Life has returned.  Joy is present.  Sickness is leaving.  Giggles have resurfaced.  Healing is underway.  
As Charli is trying to pull down her cocoon and is griping because she wants to play... Pastor and I celebrate the God we serve... the God of third day miracles.  We are all singing praises of thanks as we have been for days... we remember that thankfulness always precedes the miracle.  

*updates
Charli has done well on her bottles... she is at 80-20, 80% formula.
We will try full strength next feeding.  Pray she loves it and digests it well.
We are pushing to bring her home tomorrow.  It will be a fight.  They want her here at least through Monday... please pray.  Pastor is hoping to leave Monday for day one in Dayton.
Her vitamin levels have improved greatly.
She is going to need 3 different types of therapy... I feel tired about this...single mom, homeschooling and LOTS of appointments.  Please pray for me.  I know He has given me everything I need in order to accomplish what He is asking.
For our 3 other little sheep.  This is a hard part of their stories as well.
Hope to have more good news soon.
Thank you all for walking by faith with us!






No comments:

Post a Comment