About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

abounding hope

A day of thankfulness.  A day that should prompt our hearts to be thankful everyday... for all things.  No doubt a holiday overshadowed by abundance.  For most of us we are surrounded by loved ones and more food than any group of humans could possibly consume.

I have taken the time to realize and reflect on the fact that there will never be another Thanksgiving just like this one.  Every one that follows will be different.  The ages of my children will have changed.  Where we live will be different.   New people will join in the celebration and others we long to be with will be missed.  As I slow and think I remember the importance of offering thanks for the now.  The crazy food prep, the hustle, the grocery trips, the cleaning, the thought... are all gifts because we have people to be with and life to celebrate.

I have had a precious day.  It has been family-rich and a huge blessing for my heart.  I have had honest conversations, I have shared embraces, I have documented thanksgiving, and I too have overeaten my share of the feast.  I have had a thankful heart today.

Some other highlights for Pastor, me and our smalls were watching the parade while eating breakfast with loved ones, cozy snuggles with little bodies, good food, sharing time and hearts and resources, watching my children enjoy, laughter everywhere, warm homes with warm hearts, blessing hands, mostly well Vaughan children playing with their cousins,  Charli eating chocolate cake, sunflower peanut butter, bites of cinnamon rolls, refried beans, a pinch of Turkey and some smoothie... this alone fills me with gratitude... and to top it off she didn't do half bad on her milk either.

As my day winds down I also thank God for precious friends that surprise and bless with raw pumpkin pies and hugs on a Thanksgiving morning after delivering food to the needy.  With it was a beautiful note that had love written all over it and prayers that today would be a day where hope would abound.
God has answered that prayer... for today, and everyday, if I will let it.  Yes, today, hope was in abundance for our family.  I do realize that is not the case for everyone today.   My heart aches as it offers a prayer for all of those that desperately need to sense Gods nearness.  I have been such a person and will be again.  I must remember to pray for others the way that others pray for me.

Thanksgiving, a day to remember, celebrate, be with the body and pray for the body... to be hands and feet... to fully live... to be present...  to reflect... to edify...  to share... to love... to feast... a day for hope to abound.

May I be a carrier of such hope.
Thanksgiving blessings from The V's

No comments:

Post a Comment