About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

taste and see

Today has been full, and it has been fully good.  I have laughed.  I have cried.  I have shared heart talks.  I have played kitchen with my prince, and I have delighted my girls with 1/2 off, Goodwill treasures.  The sun made the day overflow with warmth and beauty, and the Lord made deep deposits in this hole-filled heart.

This afternoon my sister-in-law came for a visit and brought a life gift.
She brought her ears, and she listened.  She brought her time, and she shared.  She brought her heart, and she offered her love.  She also brought a gift of celebration and remembering...
She brought a sign that calls my very being to celebrate sons that I do not get to raise, hold, wrestle, love on and mother.  Lincoln and Tucker are not living under my roof, but the value of their story lives here.  I look forward to hanging this.  It will serve as a constant reminder of the truth and the tears we have given in pain and joy.  Lives worthy of so much... we must not forget.  So...

Today I seized an opportunity.  I did something so unlike myself.   Before my sweet company arrived I had started cupcake making for Bud's upcoming birthday.  I let Bud have a sample as a "potty perk."  All of a sudden I received an invitation in my heart to offer some cake to Charli, in honor of her life and her brothers.  I accepted. The last time I offered her cake was on her 1st birthday this is what the scene looked like... no offense to my baking, I'm sure.
 
This wasn't a logical decision.  This was a decision of HOPE.  So... (this is the unlike me part.)  I plopped her down on the floor by Bud... no bib, no rags for puke, no anal retentive clean freak... just two small people, their momma with camera in hand, and a celebration cupcake.

She started with a nibble... cake is a new thing... a new delight.  Even the new-good takes some exploring.  We often have to cultivate our taste buds.
Sweet, new things can often taste a little funny at first.  It's not that they aren't good... it's just not familiar.  Too often we cling to the familiar.   We are too afraid to risk.  The God that I am falling deeply in love with invites us to...
dive face first into the new-good.  He wants us to sink our teeth into it.  
The wild things of God beckon... risk invites,more risk and the sweet taste increases the appetite for more... the call is so intense it stirs... burns... even haunts... some let fear win... others grab onto it and take a bite.
The risk always pays off... seeking to taste and see more of who God is always fills us with good things.  And when He does crazy things start happening in us... and we can't help but invite others to risk in the tasting.

Who doesn't want to offer to others the amazing goodness... a feast is more fun when it is shared.

It doesn't mean that it's always neat and clean.  There is ALWAYS a cost.  Tasting, seeing and sharing is often very messy...
and so very, very, very worth it.  Yes!  The risk.  The sharing.  The mess... all totally worth it.  
May I live out of a hope that beckons risk.  May I not turn my nose up to the new and different.  May I be faithful to share my feasts with others.  May I grab hold of Him who holds me, and would the evidence of His goodness be all over me.  

I taste.  I see.  I want MORE!











No comments:

Post a Comment