About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Stuff

Yesterday Kel wrote about "good stuff."  Today I'm sensing it's the season for "new stuff."

Man, so much new.  So much to learn.  Feeling pretty powerless at the moment.  So wanting to do my job (really what I sense is my calling!)... the whole shepherd and disciple seems to be rather difficult without relationships.  Hard to be patient as relationships form.  Seems I'd be an expert at waiting by now.  Still not there yet.  Not sure that I ever will be.

Missing my family.  Love my family.

Life is new.  Life is changing.

Normally if I'm going to run any kind of errands I take Bud with me.  He's my sidekick.  Wherever I go, he goes (if it's acceptable).  Well, as much as I love that little rascal, sometimes his barrage of questions makes me feel like my nerves have been fried.  Imagine someone shooting a machine gun of questions at you, but the tricky thing is that the machine gun never runs out of bullets.  There's not even a pause to reload.  Most of the time that's how I feel in the car with Bud.  A lot of the questions don't make any sense.  If he happens to run out of questions, he starts repeating other questions that either he liked... or he wasn't satisfied with my answer.  To be completely honest, I've even told him I couldn't answer his questions any more because I needed to sing.  Sad, but true.  Thought it might help me maintain what little sanity I had left.  Not sure if it helped.  No evidence to support it worked.

Anyways, I'll bet that I wasn't 10 minutes into my drive to Dayton that I missed that little dude.  The car was too quiet.  No one was asking me questions... You'd think I'd enjoy at least the first hour or two... maybe more, but I missed that little guy before I drove passed West Town Mall.

Much, much new stuff.  New administrative systems.  New people.  New opportunities.  New needs from the Lord.

Family is changing, but so grateful that whatever new ventures we undertake... we'll remain family.  Just wish that meant "together" being family.

Curious what other "new stuff" might be on the horizon.  Ready to press into new stuff in much closer geographic proximity.

No comments:

Post a Comment