About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

good stuff

Today has been a great day.  Pastor HAS A JOB that he left for.  I got to have unhurried time with my princesses while Adam's mom held an open house in our home and I was blessed with the gift of sharing laughter, food, tears and play with my best friend, my mom.

No dental work today.  No hospital visits.  Everyone I dearly love is alive and well.  We have a warm and cozy home.  WE HAVE INSURANCE.  I had yummy sweet potato fries for dinner.    I have lots of small friends living under my roof.  I am sitting next to a warm heater listening to the rattle of a pull up on a four year old man child and the house is full of laughter...good stuff.

The day has been full of... good stuff.  Charli is doing really well.  She is talking more, learning baby signs and mastering the art of peek-a-boo and enjoying being a copy cat.  She still isn't eating as much as they want her too... she is way too opinionated for that business, but she is behaving like a real baby... a growing, curious, exploring princess on the move.

Tonight, while I was attempting to make dinner she was trying to stand everywhere.  No matter where I put her or left her she would crawl over to a place and stand.
She is a mini-woman that desires to go... she is sick of sitting still.  I can relate to that.  I love love love that she is healthier... stronger... and making progress.  I just don't want it to become my Jesus and it could... but, at this moment, I just want to celebrate and enjoy the the victory... she is sick no longer...this little lady is full of life.
Tonight my heart was filled with joy as I watched her belly laugh, eat her food, play with her brother and sisters and chew on a chip.  It doesn't take a lot to make my heart smile.  On top of all that, I saw her begin to cruise as she was standing.  Progress... steps towards walking.  Isn't that what we long for the most...strong legs motioning towards growth?
We are all thanking God for the good stuff.  It is abundant...not in just the big but also in the small... I so desire a heart that is thankful for EVERYTHING... the obviously good... the day to days and the heartbreaking.   No matter the packaging God has blessed and is blessing.    I know it and....
I think she knows it too.  Gonna go enjoy more good stuff... praying you are doing the same.  May we all have seeing eyes!


1 comment:

  1. Thanking God for the little things too. So glad to hear joy in your heart!

    ReplyDelete