About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, November 7, 2011

new normal


Our Panda is home.
A house-full... for a moment.
Joy!
I have her new food... I've never done formula so this feels tricky for me.
Our children are together.
Pastor headed to Dayton.
Lots of "new."

This is my new normal.  I am thankful for it.  Today, I KNOW I am blessed... what I feel is tired.  I awoke early this morning.  I started praying.  Praying for my family and for my own heart.  I knew today would be an exhale of sadness.  I knew that once Charli came home and Pastor left reality would set in.  Today has been a heavy day for my heart.  Unfortunately, I have lived out of feeling and not out of victorious truth.  I don't always handle "new" well.

Charli was so thrilled to be a home.  She kept pointing at everything as if to say what Bud always says "I member dat."  She was ready to be in her bed... in her quiet space.  I don't blame her.  I think I might like to go hide out in there.  It's her familiar resting spot and she nestled right in.
We are celebrating... wild hair and all.  The girls are especially thankful.

I am certain of many things and I am very aware I am a woman that has so much to be thankful for.  I LOVE MY CHILDREN... I just don't always know how to parent them.  I LOVE MY HUSBAND... I just don't always know how to be a loving bride.  I LOVE MY LIFE... I just don't always know how to live it with excellence.  I LOVE BEING STRETCHED... it just hurts sometimes.  I LOVE BEING ME... I just don't always love my flesh.

I just want to share that in the midst of celebration the Lord continues to prune.  He is tender but the lopping still stings.  It is painfully evident that I have many layers of unnecessary branches.

Today, I am taking it a breath at a time... trying to be a learner of my new normal.  Thank you for praying for this moment.  I am thankful it has arrived.  Please continue to pray.  The road is going to be long... lots of appointments... lots of teaching and learning... lots of unknowns.  We still need the supernatural... all of us... needing and wanting more.

Much love and many thanks,
Pastors Wife

1 comment: