About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

new church

Pastor here... well, just got back from my Ohio drive.  Very glad to be home.  Feels like I was gone for a very long time.  So excited about my new church home.  At the same time... just so glad to be back with my family.  Wanting to make sure I really engage the kiddos tomorrow even though this aging body's feeling pretty tired.

Few random things... mostly church stuff... then an important Charli tidbit.

Love, love the Dayton Vineyard.  Seems I can't walk down the hallway without seeing someone praying for someone else.  It's a culture of stopping in the middle of a conversation to pray for someone who expresses hurt or need.  Pretty awesome sight to see people loving on each other like this.

Have developed several new friendships with struggling addicts.  They've been embraced by the church, and they're not wanting to keep fighting their battles alone.  Excited about the way the Lord is pursuing them and that they've invited me to be a part of it.

Enjoyed being a part of one of the church's giving opportunities.  In addition to giving away 10,000 lbs. or more of food a month, they gave away around 525 very large turkey dinners yesterday.  We just went to the parts of the city that are in greatest need... knocked on a door... explained we had a gift for them (the gift was a frozen turkey breast and all the traditional Thanksgiving food items)... then asked how we could pray for them.  So powerful.  At the Vineyard they're always giving food and gifts away simply to practically share the love of Christ.

Haven't shared this yet... but it happened a couple weeks ago.  It was the night before I was coming home from Ohio.  I was staying at some new friends' house in Dayton.  Throughout the night I woke up a lot, but that wasn't the strange part.  The strange part is that every time I woke up I'd try to lift my head up to check the time.  Within 2 seconds of lifting it I would have to drop it back down immediately, or I could feel that I was going to black out.  The dizziness was so intense.  I have never experienced anything like it.  The next morning the dizziness persisted.  I had only worked a couple days at the Vineyard.  There was no way I was going to let myself skip work because of any illness.  At the same time I couldn't even make myself stand up for over a minute or two without having to put my head back down.  After stretching my limits to take a shower all I could do was collapse on the bathroom floor.  My sweet host prayed for me with such sincerity.  She did not want me going anywhere or doing anything.  Not only would I not let myself miss work, but I also had to make myself drive home that afternoon!  Understand, the church was not putting any pressure on me, but I was putting unreasonable pressure on myself.

Of course, anyone I informed about the situation prayed for me.  One man in particular asked me a question after praying over me.  He said, "Did you feel that?"  I didn't know what he was talking about.  He then said, "I could feel heat coming off your body."  Within a few minutes the dizziness was gone.  Truly amazing.  I felt great.  Completely a miracle from the Lord.  No other way to describe it.  Never experienced anything like that.  Glad to be a part of a culture that expects miracles.

Speaking of healing miracles... please pray for little Charli.  I'll take her to Children's Hospital tomorrow for follow-up blood work... to see if she's where she needs to be.  Then I'll take her to the pediatrician to determine the new plan of action.

Again... grateful for my new church.  Grateful to be home.  Grateful for good news I'm anticipating on hearing tomorrow about Charli.

No comments:

Post a Comment