About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Visionary

When I was released from my employment, my supervisors really were very gracious with me. They affirmed me in a lot of ways; however, one of the areas that they saw as a significant weakness was my ability to cast vision.

Well, I can try to defend and explain their position, but they're right in a lot of ways. It's not one of my greatest strengths. In terms of casting a vision for a program...I'm not the best man for the job. Although I know this to be true, I've kind of worn the label of being a “weak vision cast-er” for the last month. I know it's true, but it's still been a little painful to wear.

I'll come back to this, but I need to interject something here. One time Greg Pinkner said that humility is not saying you're poor at something that you are good at. For example, if you told him, “You're a good communicator.” It is not humility if he said, “No, not really.” It's simply a lie. He is an amazing communicator.

I share that as a preface. Today I enjoyed and celebrated that I really am a visionary. I know... a few paragraphs earlier I owned that I could have done a much better job casting vision. Well, that is in terms of a large organization or program. I can say without boasting that I am a visionary, but it's a relational vision I have for people I know. It's a vision for individuals with whom I have personal relationship. Through the lens of the Spirit I am able to have some degree of vision about who they could become. Again, I'm not being arrogant.

It does feel very strange to say that I'm good at anything. Not sure why it makes me feel uncomfortable. At the same time I am feeling much encouraged by gracious words spoken to me today as I shared vision / challenges to some new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment