About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

God speaks

This morning a friend said, “God speaks into a humble heart.” Ouch. I've been sitting in a classroom setting much of the day. There have been small group discussion times too, but that one statement that started much of my day has stayed in my head. “God speaks into a humble heart.” Biblically, it makes perfect sense. Over and over the scriptures say that God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. It makes sense why I haven't heard more from God.

I'm not saying there's an equation to it. Not saying that if I do X, then I'll get Y. If I decide to be humble (pretty funny) tomorrow, then He will speak to me.

Humility is such a crazy thing. I do always get a kick out of it when people tell me how they've grown so much in humility. Well, I'm in desperate need of more of that humility stuff. Maybe it's just something we talk about, but when I think about it I really have seen it in other people. Oh boy, I just realized what I typed when I said that I need more humility. Now I'm afraid that could mean more breaking might happen in my life... hoping the humility could be produced from the current circumstances.

Anyways, God speaks into a humble mind. At times He chooses to be very silent. Other times I'm too attentive to my ways of doing things to hear Him (or anything). I'm too busy trying to get Him to fix my story. Really, it's His story, and He's revealing His glory through me in His story. That's the purpose...His glory. Man, now how do I live with that mindset?


No comments:

Post a Comment