About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Clumsy

This is me, (Kelly.) I am clumsy. This weekend I spent a lot of time dancing with the kids. Some of the dancing was crazy some of it was worshipful. Yesterday was the Sabbath. We had music crankin' in our house, and Buddy, Emmiline, Eloise and I were dancing.

The girls were watching and imitating my motions. I am not the most graceful dancer. Most of the time I look crazy and awkward, but I am learning what it means to express my love through dance...it wouldn't look pretty to you, but the One who is teaching me is blessed by my two left feet. Yesterday, with my little peeps participating alongside....I am feeling the music....I have life and energy...I am singing...I am enjoying and then.....I jam my thumb right into my eye. Man, that hurt! I wanted to cry but didn't think that would really help. I thought about laughing, but I was simply in too much pain. My mind wondered what people were going to think as I thought I really might end up with a swollen eye. My babes were really caring and sweet. They were genuinely concerned Honestly, I can't believe they didn't bust out laughing. I know it had to have looked hysterical.

The picture that my Rocky Balboa eye painted for me is that even when I am desiring to walk with the Lord with all my heart... it's still a bit clumsy. I do a few graceful moves...only by His leading... and then, I stumble. I sense that I have mastered a few steps, and then I forget a motion. I glide and then trip. It is a cycle I will not escape until heaven.

Today, as I really ponder my clumsy, Christian walk I am thankful for the One who never asked for me to “do it” perfectly. He just invites me to bring my heart, ready to dance, and when I accidentally puncture myself, He reminds me that needing Him to help me brings Him equal delight as the dancing itself.

2 comments:

  1. been out of town and completely unplugged.
    pressed by an overwhelming workload {yet here i am blogstalking} but wanted to take a moment and encourage you on sharing your lives so transparently. praying this time at larry crabb's school is enriching and encouraging to you, adam, and praying that this time of singleparenting it goes well for you, kelly.
    my life is a series of trips and falls and pokes in the eye, too. reminders to me that my walking with a limp might bring delight to my Father instead of embarrassment. great reminder that we are who He has made… flaws and all. seriously encouraging.
    i thought of you often while i was at rockbridge with our extended family… cspc and 2rivers… and missed you all terribly and prayed for you.
    God is so up to something… can't wait to see it play out. in the meantime, i'm loving what He's squeezing out from y'all. don't stop sharing. your words are so incredibly powerful.
    press on, vaughans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dedicate this chorus to you Kell--"I get so clumsy, I get foolish, I get so stupid, and then I feel so useless. But You're sayin' You love me and You're still gonna hold me, And that You wanna be near me, 'cause You're makin' me holy, still makin' me holy, yeah" --Chris Rice

    ReplyDelete