About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Home

Home

Well, I got home from the School of Spiritual Direction this afternoon. It's a strange transition. Man, I missed my family so much.

Now what? Many new thoughts swimming around in my head. Maybe more than anything... a new way of thinking. I've mentioned this before... so much alive in me (very weird, but awesome), but will it last? I know it's not about a feeling.

Larry Crabb told a story about his father. His dad was in the hospital having some kind of major heart surgery. Larry asked his dad how he was doing, and his dad said, “The one person I most wanted to visit me did not make an appearance.” Larry quickly responded, “And who was that, Dad?” His father answered, “Jesus.” Larry thought this meant his father was sad or disappointed. Instead, his father said, “I'm so grateful that he'd consider me to be faithful without having to appear. He trusted me to simply rely on His word as being enough.” Man, will what's God done in my heart linger a long while? Will it give birth to more of Him? Will I trust that His word is more than enough if He chooses to remain quiet? Not sure. Hopeful. Even if what's grown in my heart gets stolen or withered or choked out... hoping I can pursue Him more than I pursue His gifts.

Strange transitions... from employment to unemployment... from Larry Crabb's school back to a good, but full life... from being afforded the opportunity to constantly reflect and discuss who God is and what He's doing to what we call normal “life.”

I think one of my takeaways from Crabb's school is thinking a little more about the words I use. Hoping that when I use the word “life” my mind continues to think that life is really knowing Him... hoping I not only think that, but I start living it.

No comments:

Post a Comment