About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Highlights

Well, no deep thoughts for the day. Nothing new going on in my head or life. Nothing real deep happening within me. Seems sometimes I enjoy the shallow living. No new news of something on the horizon; however, I have had a few thoughts bouncing around in my big, empty head for the last few days. They’re thoughts from a book that I read, but unfortunately I don’t really remember much of anything that I read in it. Kelly’s reading it now, and I’m just enjoying what she’s highlighted. It’s a little like flipping through a book when you’re little… hoping to find some pictures. I’m attending Larry Crabb’s “School of Spiritual Direction” next week, and I’m trying to finish the last required reading before I show up. (I just re-read what I had written… notice how I had to make sure you knew that I read - as opposed to just looking at the “highlighted areas” / pictures. I don’t like that about myself… I’ll call it “reading righteousness.” I felt like I must have it… pretty gross.)

Anyways, the thoughts that have been bouncing around in my head…God never stops doing us good. He is doing us good right now. I mean more than constantly sustaining and preserving us. He offers us the highest good…an encounter with Himself.

To avoid the typical pastor game of quoting authors and books I‘m just going to quote without sourcing… “Seems we dream lower dreams and think there are none higher. We dream of good marriages, talented kids, enough health and money to enjoy life, rewarding work, and an opportunity to make a difference in the world.” Man, those are all really good things, and I’ve spent a lot of time dreaming of lower things like these as if they were the highest of things. The truth is that He is so much better than any of these things.

I’m really hoping and praying that He is in the process of changing my appetites for lesser things into a greater desire for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment