About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

fever

                                                                                        
Apparently, I’ve been struck with a bad case of Bieber fever.  And, no my computer hasn’t been hacked.  I, Kelly Vaughan, have joined the millions.  What can I say? I love the boy.
 A group of my sweet, young friends came over the other night and we watched the movie Never Say Never.  It was a great documentary about the life of Justin Bieber, a popular up and coming boy singer.  Until that night  I didn’t know a thing about Justin Bieber.  Now, I am fan.  Talk about magnetic charm.  He is so full of energy, passion, life, and creativity.  The boy has mad skills especially when it comes to performing.
During the movie, I kept asking myself what is this stirring?  How am I being sucked into this?  My friends helped me process this when the movie was over.  My sisters had lots of ideas, some that I hadn’t thought of.   One that really stood out to me was the power of music.  It was like as soon as he started singing girls of all ages were crying out to him with intense passion.  Why?  My friend had the thought “because they feel that he is singing just to them.”  I really connected with that response.  I think she is right.  There is something deep within us that wants to be pursued like that.  We want the handsome prince to publicly and beautifully declare his undying love to us.  I am glad that I am not between the ages of 3 and 32.  I have lived just long enough to know that no “Baby” song can fill my voids no matter how charming or how talented. 
I know this seems like a bizarre entry.  I am sure many of you are now concerned for me in new ways.  Don’t worry.  I will only make my hands in the shape of a heart in private.  But, all joking aside, I do really really believe that there is power in praise.  Whether the praise of man or God.  I was just reading how our praise to God can create a barrier against the enemy.  Wow!  My worship can work as a weapon.  I believe this to be true.  I also believe that the devil longs to use that same tool against our hearts.  He wants us to offer that praise to another.  Today, my heart ached as I saw millions of young princesses shed worshipful tears to a boy who was just performing.  It might have been some of the best performing I have ever seen but it was in the end just an act.  I don’t want to spend my worship on something that is unworthy.  I want to be faithful to use it as it was intended.  I want this for my friends, my sisters, my daughters.    I want it for all creation.  True worship stirs our heart to deep passion.   To whom, or what will I offer my deepest affection?
I am “One Less Lonely Girl” not because I have been drawn out of a crowd and given roses or sung to by Justin himself but because the one I sing to sings and dances over me with delight.  It is not an act.  He really sees me and calls me lovely.   I feel   joy inside as I think about that right now.  The creator of the universe, the king, is enthralled by my beauty.  I will most likely forget this when I go and look in the mirror but I long to remeber and rest in this truth.
P.s.  Adam perfected the hair swoop when Bieber was still in diapers and he is still going strong.

2 comments:

  1. this makes me smile and I cannot WAIT to share all the "yes" I feel in complete agreement from the day we watched it. We are ALL WORSHIPPERS. This movie is an up close view of the way females are meant to worship and LONG for a REDEEMER who will love them unconditionally. Glad you got to chew on it. I have been chewing on it since March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the hair swoop comment - perfect ending to a great blog and now, I must see the movie!!!!
    (with popcorn of course!)

    ReplyDelete