About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, June 27, 2011

choosing to see

Hope....

Desperate people look for nuggets of hope everywhere.   My eyes are wide open. 

Yesterday I had some good time just thinking about my sons that are with Jesus.    It's been too long since I carved out time to really think about them.  My heart is still grieving.  It looks different than it used to but it still bleeds for what isn’t.  I want to love on them.

Emmiline is becoming a warrior for hope around our house.  She speaks of it often.  She uses washable markers to tattoo  the word hope on her body.  She spells out hope in her cereal.  She sings it and  she dances to it.  She looks for it.  As I was thinking about the boys I asked Emmiline and Eloise to come up with one, single word that represents Lincoln and Tucker.  Eloise with much passion said "warriors."  Emmiline quietly and thoughtfully said "hope."  Tears of joy surfaced as I rested in the fact that my girls know their brothers and they are not forgotten.  Please, Lord, don't let me forget my sons. 
 
Below are just a few images that stir hope in my heart. 

 


This was Emmiline's breakfast creation...in the bottom corner is her finger pointing to the LT she made for the boys....Lincoln and Tucker stir HOPE



I am learning to play again.  I am laughing, enjoying, and celebrating having friends.



This is a sillyband bracelet that Emmiline gave me a few days ago.  She has a radar for hope.  God is using her to remind me that when pain tempts me to run, hide, or forget....I must press on...I must fight for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment