About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, October 3, 2011

worth it all

Pastor's wife here.  Thankful to have a good pastor that leads from a learning heart.  He is choosing change.  He is fighting for Spirit-alive living.  This involves great risk... especially for him, but I am certain these risks will bring great reward.  It's messy living and learning over here on Ridgegate Lane, but one thing this raggedy heart knows for sure... He is all I want... and He is worth my ALL!

Lately, I have been learning that when we want to learn more about the Lord there is NO cost that is too great.  We should be willing to go anywhere...do anything...to find the treasure.  When I was in California, I had the privilege of sitting under the worship and teaching of one of my super heroes, Kim Walker.  The Lord used her like He has so many times to stir me.  She is a young, sweet, beautiful, warrior-worshipper of our King.  If I was able, I would be her apprentice.  I would love to learn from her... and, there is much to learn.
This woman knows about risk.  She knows about asking and anointing.  She is familiar with sacrifice and using her gifts to honor the Gift-giver.  She pours out as He pours in.  She radiates joy.  She radiates beauty...she entices me to more of HIM.  She spurs me on.  Her life speaks to seek HIM with ALL my heart no matter the cost because HE is worth it ALL!  

I am willing to sell everything... move anywhere... do anything... to know HIM better to reflect HIM better... to be transformed more to HIS image.   I want ALL OF HIM!  I am hungry for more...

This little guy is hungry too...
He is sitting beside me even now as I type this.  This is a picture of the drum set he made.  He has been fascinated with drums for the past several years.  I thought this was a phase... it is not.  Something in his heart just loves drums.  He is mesmorized by them.  He becomes alive when he sees others playing them and whenever we worship he wants to play the drums.  He has a passion for drumming.  He just saw this picture of himself and said, "that is  drum man."  That is what he has been calling himself.  He has no reservations about this... he is just claiming what he senses to be true... even though he is totally unskilled.  I wonder what God is up to in Elliott.  I am paying attention.  I think it is very possible that God could want him to be a drummer for the kingdom.  This will mean that Good Pastor and I will have to allow him to learn from other drummers... be with other drummers... own real drums... practice and play.  In order for the skill to grow he will need more than just a book about drumming... he will need to be with those that posses the gifting he desires.  Often... gifting imparts gifting.

I may not be able to walk life out beside Kim Walker... though, I do worship under her almost everyday.  I am on the hunt for more of the Lord.  I am in His word, and I am also seeking people and places that can teach me things about Him that I haven't been trained in.  I am hungry to learn....
And, I am thankful for women like this... more youthful than I... that are faithful to lead... and faithful to link hands with their pastor-husbands and pray for learning-girls like me.  

I am seeking... and even in my tired state I will choose an expectant heart.  This is not always easy for me, but I desire to see.  I desire to grow.  I desire to learn... I desire to be used... I SO DESIRE MORE OF HIM... because HE ALONE is WORTH IT ALL... hungry... and thankful!

1 comment:

  1. Hunger is good. I love the sound of your heart. It sounds hopeful and joy-filled. Thankful that your time in CA was fruitful.

    ReplyDelete