About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ohio... again






So many different feelings, emotions and thoughts going through my head since yesterday. Whoa... that's about all I can say.

Yesterday was a very special. My precious wife (who was downstairs with me) wrote me a note and had Emmiline deliver it to me while I was playing with Charli. The note contained a few one dollar bills and an invitation. The invitation was to go sneak away to a coffee shop for a couple hours. The dollar bills were for a latte. Her words said, “Crying out to God, seeking more of Him... well, these things are complimented well with a latte.” She's exactly right. Nothing short of sheer genius.

As I enjoyed my latte I noticed that I had received an email from a friend in Ohio. That friend is the Executive Pastor of the church I've mentioned. I was offered the job. Can't tell you the excitement! Can't tell you the gratitude! Can't tell you the joy! Can't tell you the relief! Sadness was present at the same time as I consider leaving precious friends and family. Tiredness kicked in pretty hard too... it was like I was finally given permission to relax and exhale. Felt so wonderful.

Can't communicate how fun it was to celebrate. Still celebrating. Details have not been finalized. Know they would like to get me working very soon though.

Humbled by this gift. Been longing for it for a long time. Hunger for it had been growing and growing. At the same time I know He is better than His gifts. Still pursuing more of Him. Pursuing breakthroughs in many ways of relating to Him... knowing Him... loving Him.

My friend asked me to summarize in one word what I was feeling. Only one word I could come with was, “Good.” Not good like, “It's okay.” Good like, “Too much for words... too hard to describe.”

Grateful for the breakthrough of this opportunity in Dayton, Ohio. So thankful.

2 comments:

  1. How awesome! Mixed with a little sadness to think of having to uproot and move everyone, but awesome nonetheless to follow God where He leads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying...real sorrow that we won't be in contact much with your family but real joy that God has worked on your behalf and prepared another place, a better place for you all. Love from the Michalik fam to the Vaughan fam.

    ReplyDelete