About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Double-Portion





This picture is of Shorty (aka Eloise) enjoying dessert. This girl can eat. She's always hungry... always. Her sister didn't want all of the new, tasty concoction she was offered for dessert. As you can tell Shorty gladly took it. A double-portion for my Shorty.

"Double-portion" is a good describing word for her. She has received double in many ways. When Kelly said that phrase while she was eating dessert, my mind quickly went to Elijah and Elisha. Elisha knew that it was the day that the Lord was going to take Elijah. Elisha's last request of Elijah was that he might give receive a double-portion of his spirit. Without question, Shorty has a double-portion (of much more than just dessert). Her heart has been deeply blessed by the Spirit to love, to feel, to grieve, to celebrate, to laugh, to intercede... And we think God will use her to bring healing to others. Different types of healing. Supernatural healing. Her faith is strong.

Read an interesting quote today, “If you assign ten new believers the task of studying the Bible to find God's heart for this generation, not one of them would conclude that the spiritual gifts are not for today. You have to be taught that stuff!” Sometimes I think I've even used my sound, but finite theology as a self-protection mechanism against that which seems foreign or different... when I'm sure I've missed opportunities to experience the Lord by doing that. I Corinthians says that the “Kingdom of God is not in word but in power.” I've functionally lived as if it were just in word much of my life.

Ready for much more of the Spirit.

Kelly took the kids to play outside for awhile this afternoon in the neighborhood. It was time she created for me to worship and seek God on a particular question I had. Eloise knew what I was doing during this time. When they came back, Shorty walked through the bonus room and very casually asked me, “Did He say anything?” It was spoken in such a nonchalant way... as if I were expecting a text or a phone call. The way she asked it communicated that there was no doubt in her mind that the Lord does speak. He is not mute! She expects the Lord to be moving and stirring. It's just part of how she's made, and it is awesome. That was a great gift today.

Celebrating her double-portion today. Grateful for a God who does speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment