About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, October 7, 2011

a scary word to some

Manifest...
Many want to run from this word.  This is a word that has great value in our home.  We have been asking the Lord to do this very thing in our lives.  We desire more.  We desire all that He might be willing to offer.  He is a God of limitless-abundance and so we ask.

Today, as I continue to process Pastor's interview, I again, ask for His manifestation in our lives in our home and in the Dayton Church.  It feels scary to have hope for something that you never wanted in the first place.  It feels terrifying to have a passion for something that is not of yourself.  It is costly to dream on the behalf of others...on behalf of the Bride.  Today, I continue to feel the ache of cost.

I am not sure that we will get the position.  God seems perfectly content in our needing Him.  I have had many thoughts and visions about us getting the job.  I have also heard man's words that say we might not.  What honors God most as I try to discern what is accurate?  I know my job today is to be faithful in the waiting.  I want to remember what I have learned from the past.  Early this morning I asked God to stir up a scripture in me, to bring encouragement, immediately I heard....hold unswervingly, remember....I am The Faithful Promise Keeper.  It seems like this verse might be a life one...but aren't they all?  I am drawing strength from His alive words today.

I am confident that soon we will hear either way.  But, right now, what matters most is that God continue to reveal Himself more fully.  I want to see Him EVERYWHERE.  I want Him to manifest Himself in whatever ways brings Him the most glory.  I want to draw strength from who He is so that when I struggle with the lies I can find my rest in His presence.

So, to me manifest isn't  a tricky word... it's a word that represents my lifeline.   I desire to see His works displayed, His heart revealed,  His power demonstrated.  I want to see all of Him so that I might become more like Him.  Isn't this how I worship best?  As I know Him more... I love Him more... as I love Him more... I become more like Him.... and He manifests Himself in stinky ole' me.  Wow!  Me?

I don't know about you, but I love this word... I love that it's in my home... I love that God is speaking about  it in crazy ways...

And I love that the One that created the word doesn't want us to be afraid of it...  He wants us to embrace it.

Oh God, we ask that you would manifest Yourself today in ways that bring you glory... for the sake of your kingdom... for the sake of your sons and daughters that cry out for more of you... we are desperate for MORE of YOU!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment