About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

A word

Sitting in a worship service last night I felt like God gave me a word. During the worship time while everyone else was standing, I decided to sit and commune. Sensed the Lord was saying to me, “Want Me more than you want the job in Dayton... I'm much better than the job in Dayton.”

Something in my head said, “Remember, 'Make the best you can with what you've got.'”


No, the seat's not big.  She's really small.


My perspective is changing. This is Charli. She's 19 ½ months, and she just got moved to a front-facing carseat in the last week or two. Legally, she was allowed to do so around the 1 year mark. Her body is still so tiny in the front-facing seat. Now she can see where we're going. She can look out the windows. Still, I notice that she mostly just looks around inside the car. Either way, she's seeing new things... from new angles. Her perspective is different.

My perspective is changing. The angle from which I see things is slowly becoming different. Still struggling as I wait. Finding more rest though... no matter what happens the promise, “I am with you,” remains true. Not only that, but no matter what happens I'm going to seek more of Him. Will seek knowing Him more intimately. More power in my life to serve Him. More of Him as I minister. More of His voice. More of Him manifesting Himself however He pleases.

Was reminded of something else tonight. As deeply as I want this job it does not define me. My soul is not in anguish. Sure, I'm struggling. I'm hopeful. I'm tired of waiting. But, I'm not in anguish. I don't want to talk or act like I am. Nothing in terms of being unemployed or wanting a job is significant enough to cause anguish of the soul. That's much too strong language. Although I have not used that language, I think I might have functionally acted or communicated as if my situation was of that gravity.

Grateful for a good word. Remembering truth. Still stumbling along. Just glad to be moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment