About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

cleaning house

 As Pastor mentioned we have been cleaning house.  We have been getting it ready.  We are making room for the "new."  We are praying that the new owners will come quickly and sense joy as they enter our House of Hope.

Preparing a home for the market is a bigger task than I had remembered.  It makes you deal with all the yuckies... the things that you get used to that no longer bother you but are still very much a problem.  We have been doing a lot of this lately.  I don't like the process, but I very much enjoy the results.  I love progress... cleanliness... purging... tasks completed.  In the process of washing we are being washed.
Our daily lives often teach about the spiritual.  The Triune God has been getting this girl... this family ready for the new.  He has been cleaning house in me... including all those yucky places that I have gotten plenty comfortable with.  Oh, how thankful I am.  I didn't know how much mold had been growing in me... stinky, toxic stuff.  NO MORE!   I want ready spaces... spaces that cry out in invitation for the new.

I am very aware that He won't relent until He has my all.  I think I am at the place of surrender.  He can have all of me.  I pour out the perfume of my undivided worship... as undivided as this broken alabaster jar can be.

The world would say we have seen no progress...The Vaughan's would say He is making our JOY more COMPLETE.  In the waiting our vision has been increased.  We want HIM MORE than the Dayton job, we want HIM MORE than the sell of our house... We want HIM MORE than His gifts.  In faith, we continue to cry out to the only ONE who can truly clean house.  No doubt his tools of purification are much different and costly than Merry Maids... but we serve a God that isn't into surface cleaning He is a TRANSFORMATION GOD!   Our hands are open for His living water to come and purify.
We are continuing to get ready for the "new" over here on Ridgegate Lane... choosing to walk by faith... ready for our earthly and spiritual homes to be filled with The New.   We hunger and thirst for more... and so we make ready and we clean.  May he reveal the hidden places.

1 comment:

  1. yes, yes, yes. remembering. yes Vaughan family. We love you!

    ReplyDelete