About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

heavy hearted

Tonight, I am enjoying watching the game.  No matter what happens it's just fun knowing the Vols are playing, and there is a fall nip in the air... all FEELS right... except for...

the ache in my heart.  I had the opportunity to visit with a life-long friend earlier today.  We don't get much time together, but I deeply love her.  Today, we shared hearts and many tears were shed.  It was a rich time.  It was a time of brokenness.  My friend's heart is struggling, and so it breaks mine too.

Although the conversation was really hard, it was AMAZING!  We got to talk about and remember who God is and who He isn't.  We got to recall truth.  We processed and wondered together.  I am certain God was honored as we discussed how good He is.

I wonder how many of us really believe He is truly good all the time?   When we lose babies and sons die.  When family members are frighteningly ill and husbands that work at churches are fired.  Is He still good then?  All I have is God's word and my story.  And, I shout YES!  I have never known Him to be kinder.  It is important that we always check our hearts and head about what we truly believe about our Father.  How we see Him shapes our hearts towards Him, our prayers to Him, and our lives lived out for Him.

The main feast that was shared between my friend and I was how we talk to our Good Daddy.  How do we approach Him, and how should we approach Him?

We are called to remember....
It is He that forms beauty out of messy...

It is He that tenderly shapes... His fingerprints are EVERYWHERE...

It is Him that gives us purpose...

Being sculpted is tedious and takes intentionality by the sculptor.  It can feel painful...

But, the gentle Artist presses on because He doesn't desire ordinary beauty...

His beauty is one of excellence...

The process is long.  It requires the refiners fire of the kiln and tedious glazing.  You would think such pressures would destroy all potential works of art.  It is then that we must cling to the truth we know...
The Good Teacher sees what young eyes cannot.  He sees the beauty that can me made out of lumps of clay.  His hands are to be trusted.  His heart even more.  Because as He forms we have the opportunity to become the best us.  He smiles with loving tenderness because He knows what we can't even imagine about ourselves.  It brings Him great joy when we see Him as he really is, a Good Daddy that can be fully trusted.   His PERFECT love invites us to cast out all fear and be a people at rest.

We are on the journey to discovering our truest beauty.  Much like the kids' works of art, we are awaiting future kilns.  I am thankful that my heart knows with certainty that the fire is not meant to destroy, but instead set me free to fully be all that God desires.  And, as He continues to beautify me through the glazing process, I have a future filled with HOPE.  I can be best used for the Kingdom when I most reflect the artistry being done in me.

My heart is heavy because I am desperate for God's people to know the truth about God's heart for His people, and I want it to SHAPE every part of our hearts and lives... so heavy! 








2 comments:

  1. Kelly, I think you should use your gift with words and your blogs and write a devotional book.

    ReplyDelete