About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Life is good



This is Bud.  Let's be really honest... he's a very handsome boy.  Arguably, the most handsome.  I'll take that argument, and I'm not the only one.  I know Kel will agree, and I'll say from experience that she's pretty good at arguing... just submit that he's a good-looking dude (even if the pj shirt he picked out is 4 sizes too small).

Life is good.  He doesn't get to watch tons of TV.  His brain is warped enough by his strange father (me).  That makes TV feel like a treat.

This was one morning that I didn't have to rush out.  When I took my shower, I let Bud watch a little TV.  As you can see, he's enjoying something like a Toys 'R Us catalog we received in the mail.  I'm aware that he's on the Barbie page.  We'll pretend he was flipping through the pages, and he got distracted by his cartoon.

Anyways, Bud's in his happy place.  He's cozy under the covers.  Fingers fit perfectly in his mouth (this means he's tired).  And... he's got the double-doozie... TV and a toy magazine.  All is great.

All really is well.  Totally enjoying the blessings.  Excited about my new church.  Excited about the job.  Truly, a dream job.

Seems like I'm always feeling conflicting emotions simultaneously.  I remember this feeling beginning when we were in the hospital with the triplets.  My heart was celebrating Charli and Tucker's life, but grieving Lincoln's.  Then I was still grieving Lincoln, and I began grieving for Tucker.  At the same time I was very hopeful for Charli...  celebrating her victories and grieving for my sons.

Now that my mind has had more time to process our new job and opportunity in Ohio... well, I'm sitting in the middle of much excitement, but some sadness has entered into the picture as I think about being away from my family so much.  If you're not aware, I'll be commuting to Ohio until our home sells.  No, I won't be driving there every day.  I'll stay in Dayton for several days, and then I'll come back for a couple.  Again, thrilled for this opportunity.  So eager for it to begin!  At the same time... already missing my family.  Going to remember (and celebrate) truth and blessings.  Simultaneously, I want to be honest about some sadness that is starting to creep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment