About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

wild beauty

This is a term that Pastor would use to describe me and is also what we call Shorty.  Eloise and I both embrace the fact that we posses wild beauty.  Truth is, there is not much that is tame about us.  I am thankful for that.  I don't want to be tame.  I rather enjoy being wild.  In fact, I hope the Lord will continue to invite me into the wild.  It is there that I am most free to discover my true beauty... HIM!

Our yard still bears scars from it's battle with the summer heat.  But, it also has some of the most beautiful wild flowers growing....they call my heart to sing His praises.
I love that God shares His wild beauty with us.  Blooms from his heart that no man planted.  All for our pleasure.  All for His glory. 

Pastor and I have been reading in Psalm 4 this week...verse 6 has been heavy on my heart, it says., "Let the light of Your face shine down on us..." It was a request by the psalmist... he was desiring that...  he and we would be living proof of His goodness when the world says there is no good or no God.  As I look around and enjoy the wild, fall beauty I see a good God everywhere... and my heart cries to do the same.  I want to display His beauty so that there is NO doubt that God exists.  I want to display His goodness.

My smalls talk about wild beauty, they see it, they recognize it, and they enjoy it.  
Much like what He has created in my backyard... in Eloise...  and in me... He is not tame.  He is a wild God.  I take great joy in knowing that I can name ways that I am like my Daddy... thankful that He takes great delight in the wild beauty He has created... humbled to serve a WILD GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment