About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

birth-day

Today, we are celebrating the day that Good Pastor was born.  He is not here and I am feeling sad.  This morning he started his first day working with my dad.  He will be doing landscaping until he finds a full time position.  I am very thankful for the work but sad to not have him around.

Good Pastor is dearly loved... especially in our home.  He is a fine man with an amazing heart.  He loves and shepherds us in a way that reflects the character of God.  I am a blessed woman.

I think this particular celebration is different for me.  They have all been good but my heart is viewing this birthday in a new way.  I think it's because of all the new things that have been and are continuing to be birthed in Pastor.  He is a new man.  I sense God's anointing on him like never before and I have great hopes and expectations for how he will be used.

Our natural birth is worthy of celebration...but, the spiritual births that God calls forth are so much richer.  No doubt, Pastor will enjoy his treats, good food, and birthday cake but I think even he would agree, the best gift he has received is a deeper hunger for the One who named him... I don't think I can make a cake large enough to celebrate that one.

I am reflecting this morning on God's goodness.  Adam's life apart from my relationship with the Lord is my best gift...his story blesses mine... his story is mine.  As I think about all the ways God has been transforming Adam I want to be faithful to celebrate.

I am married to man that is alive with longing.

 He is alive with risk.


He is alive with truth that is built on the wood and nails.


 He is alive with passion.

 He is alive with good fruit.

  He is alive with change.


  He is alive with play

 and he is alive with love.


Today, I am so glad I am not just celebrating the day he was born and his pulse... I am celebrating so much more... things I wasn't able to fully celebrate last year.  Wow!  So much beauty birthed out of so much pain... kinda like childbirth!

Happy Birthday, Good Pastor!
Love,
Your flock

No comments:

Post a Comment