About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The princess, pauper, and the Artist

Lot's of stirring going on in this princess heart of mine.  Today, I am feeling more like a pauper instead of royalty.  I am thankful I have been issued the call to live by truth and not by feelings.

Pastor and I have continued to pray and warrior on as we wait.  He mentioned yesterday that we are sensing the enemy's work.  I believe in my heart he hates what we are about.  He does not want us to go forward.  He whispers with the hopes that we will listen and get trapped in the lies.

Meanwhile the Artist plays with the colors... He makes beauty from the mess, and He adds vibrancy to our walk.  He redeems all things... but it feels more costly today.

I am hopeful about our future.  I stand firm in our promise.  The battle continues and we will fight on... but we are not alone for the Artist wears the cost of His artwork all over His hands.  What other choice do we have than to let the Artist choose the colors that best reflect Him?
I am being stretched.  My faith is being tested.  Some days I pass with flying colors.  Other days I just need the Artist to gently pick me up and hold me.  Because I am often colorblind, I need to remember to see things through His eyes and from His perspective. 
Oh, how I need the Artist.  I long for more of Him.  I desire to be the work of art He has envisioned.  The process requires skill and time... it costs...  I am thankful for His abundance.  As He holds me and and dabbles with His palette I am transformed.  I become what He sees.
This feels tricky for me because often what is beautiful to Him is average... ordinary... and expendable to others. 
When I am most honest, I would say, "I want both."  I want His beauty fully revealed and the world to see it as such.  The most honoring me says, "I will display all of me and rest in what the Artist sees."  He is intentional with his art... never a mistake... always masterpieces... that is what makes Him the most loving Artist of All.  I love serving an always masterpiece kind of God... even when I struggle with "the pauper" lies... choosing truth!






No comments:

Post a Comment