About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

again sometime?

Pastor's wife here.  It's a dark and rainy morning out.  I am sitting in our "screened in porch." Kim Walker and I are having some worship time together.  It's a perfect start to the day.

I woke up this morning communicating my heart to the Lord.  I want the favor of HIS presence.  I want to FULLY experience HIM.  He graciously brought something to mind.  Lately, my prince, Elliott has been asking one hundred million questions.  Remnants of my brain are all over my house as a result of his inquisitive nature.  It literally makes my head hurt.  One of his most common and favorite questions is at meal time.  If he is having something he enjoys after his initial bite, he will enthusiastically ask, "Can I have this again sometime?"

At first, it was endearing... later it was cute...now, well... not so much.  My initial thoughts were how much he appreciated the heart that I put into preparing his food.  Then, I just wanted him to be thankful in the moment.  I think this morning as I was praying God allowed me to learn from Elliot's longing for more.  He is enjoying the nourishment so much that he wants freedom to enjoy it with the certainty that there is more, and he has access to it.  It frees him up to enjoy in the moment.  He is tasting and seeing that it is good... and, he wants MORE!








My whole life I have been trained not to seek the "experience" of God.  While I do believe there is great truth in not just seeking an experience, it's also a VERY DANGEROUS mindset.   As I seek God, and He reveals... I become like Elliott... enjoying and so longing for more... I find myself asking... can we do this again sometime?
God wants us to experience Him.  He wants all of us.  He desires our head and our hearts.  He wants us to long for encounters with Him.  As we encounter Him it makes our bellies hungry for more... and as our hunger increases we find ourselves desperately seeking...  and His word makes it clear that those who desperately seek... WILL FIND.

Just like in Matthew 7, I am asking, seeking, knocking, and when the cycle is done I am gonna start right back over.  I will be like my 3 year old son that always wants more.  I want to experience Him everyday.  I want to see Him EVERYWHERE.  I want my heart to connect with His.  I am living to experience the One I am learning to know.  I am certain He is pleased when His children long to connect with Him.... because He is about relationships.

So, now when my little man asks, "Can I have this again?" I will remember my own hungry heart.  And, after taking a long breath...  I will smile and say what I believe my Good Daddy says to me, with joy, "you betcha!"

Rich nourishment entices greater hunger for more good things.  I desire to know Him, encounter Him, and reproduce Him.  May He continue to fill so I can pour out...believing today, that I can only keep that which I give away!  May we ALL seek to experience ALL of who HE is TODAY!

Grant us the favor of your face, Jesus!  It's what we pray... Kim and I...  and already asking... again sometime?

No comments:

Post a Comment