About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

He's coming

Not sure what to say today. Counting down the days until I head up to Dayton. Seems there's much to get done. At the same time wanting to be present in the now and with the people around me.

Enjoying the benefits of loved ones who are blessing us with research about homes and communities in Dayton. Daydreaming a little about more of the unknown. Resting in the peace of mind from having the best realtor in the business. Truly, she goes above and beyond... always. She even watches my kids so Kelly and I can go on a date.

Carved a pumpkin today. Something feels right about creating. Any holiday is more fun with kids. Their excitement, energy and joy makes it all better. Celebrating Reformation Sunday. Will enjoy free candy tomorrow night as we continue the celebration. Hope to be silly and dress up in the process. Really grateful for laughter and play.

Took a wonderful nap. I know that sounds strange. This nap was different. Something more peaceful and enjoyable about it. Sounds weird, but it's true.

Tonight as we had a Bible lesson with the kids I talked about how Christ is going to return to Earth. No, I did not bust out the overhead projector with transparencies of eschatological charts. There was no mention of pre-millennialism, postmillennialism or amillennialism. I promise to wait until Elliott's completely potty-trained before I sharpen his end times theology. We did, however, talk about the fact that Christ will return. Not real certain on the timing of when that will happen. Kelly and I have talked about how we have been so ready for His return at so many times. I know we long to see His Kingdom come, but sometimes we've probably said that as an escape mentality. It's a different feeling now. We'd like for Him to wait... sure, we'd love to see Him face to face... more than anything, but there are just too many people that still need to hear the gospel. Too many people that need to be pointed to Jesus who don't know truth. At the same time we talked about what it looks like to live like Jesus were coming back today. Realized that thought doesn't hit me much throughout the day as I'm actually doing normal living. Hoping that thought changes the way I treat my days... rather than just seeing it as teaching topic for my times with my kids.

Not aware of much that God's saying to me today. To be honest, I don't think I paid a lot attention to that today. Very unfortunate.   

No comments:

Post a Comment