About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Update

A brief update on the interview process... I (Adam) drove to Lexington, Kentucky this morning. It's near the middle between here and the church in Ohio that I've been interviewing with. The Senior Pastor wanted a little more face time with me, and he wanted the opportunity to bounce a few more questions off of me. When Kelly and I were in Ohio, we didn't have  much time with him.

Really enjoyed my time with him (and the Associate Pastor who was also there). Grateful for the opportunity to get to know him a little more. Grateful to hear his heart...

I definitely shared my heart. Shared how much I want the position. Shared how our hearts have ached. Think I was able to share everything I'd like to share. No regrets in what I've said and done in this process. Still don't know if I'm their guy. There is another candidate. In addition, as you probably know the last quarter was not so good for the economy. Looks like that could have an impact on this position as well... potentially huge impact on whether or not it will even exist.

In a strange place right now. Man, the waiting has been rough. The unknown is wearing me out. So wanting to plan what's next. Feel grateful that I think the process is almost done (began in mid-July). Maybe some relief that I think my part in the process is complete. Looking forward to closure. Very hopeful. Fearful too though. Hoping to be celebrating soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment