About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

God's question

Remember when God spoke to Adam in the Garden of Eden after he had eaten the forbidden fruit? God only had one question. He said, “Where are you?”

That's a good question. Not necessarily referring to geographic location. “Where am I?” And... “What's God up to?”

Well, I'm still waiting. I'm still watching. Struggling in the waiting a good bit today. Little things that disappoint seem to feel like big things... even though they're not. Like spilling a few drops of paint on the floor (that actually wiped right off).

No word from my friends in Ohio. Expecting to hear from them in the next day or two. My mind wonders what they're wondering. Why is it taking so long? Do they just have some major concerns about me? Maybe they would have kicked me off the list of potentials a long time ago if they had major concerns? Not sure what to think.

Aware that somehow in some way this must be good for me. Seems I prefer things are easy and pleasant that are good for me... kind of like when you'd eat a Flintstone vitamin as a kid. It always tasted like candy, but somehow it had health benefits. Can't recall too many lessons I've learned that way though.


Little Charli's over 19 months old now. She's actually still in a size 2 diaper! If you don't know what that means, we'll just say she's a little small. Don't let the cheeks fool you. She's a little tater tot. In this picture she's sucking on one animal cracker while also holding one in each hand. These are new to her. Even she understands that good and easy is quite nice combo.

Ready for good and easy. Not sure if it's in my future. Just ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment