About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, October 10, 2011

diggin' my heels in

Not sure what is going to happen this week... feeling confident that we will hear something.  Will it be what I thought and hoped?  Does God have something even better?  Pastor and I have been talking and praying about how our hearts might process a, "no thanks."  I had a breakthrough on Sunday that freed me up from a potential bad case of the "woe is me."  The breakthrough was an invitation to dream even bigger.  I am not totally sure what that means, but it has brought new life and breath as we continue to wait.

I am praying the end of Psalm 5 that speaks of God being a shield of favor over us.  Yes to FAVOR!  I'll take a double portion of that, please!

As I process the what if's and I talk to God about my heart I am challenged to stand firm.  Today I had living water offered to me through a dear friend.  She spoke God's heart to me, and I drank deeply.
You better believe I am diggin' my heels into truth.  So thankful for the church of the courageous that will step in and encourage.  I'm getting my feet all in that stuff.  I want to be smeared in truth and hope.  I want people to see it ALL over me... from the bottom of my infant toes to the top of my head.
The waters may rage around me.  We may not get the job.  It may look like we have nothing.  I will be sad, but I will not despair.  
The waters cannot thwart God's plan of always doing me good.  My heart is in agreement with the Psalmist's cries, my heart knows greater joy than when "things" were appearing abundant (paraphrased.)  I can choose to trust...and I choose to dig my heels into the deep.

The lights are on over here at Ridgegate Lane... and not just because it is on the market.
We may have darkness around us, but the light within is shining brighter than ever.  God is stirring and moving, and we are very much awake.  We are ready!  

With each day of waiting I will fight for my heels to dig deeper and deeper into expectations for GREATER THINGS... because that is what He has invited me into.  Who would refuse an invitation like that?

Treading my way... stomping on a mix of faith, truth, hope, and GREAT EXPECTATIONS... I'm thinkin' that makes for a pretty strong foundation.  So blessed by those willing to tread alongside!
   

.

1 comment: