About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, October 14, 2011

New phrase

Been thinking and saying a new phrase a lot lately... My students still tease me about how I like to repeat certain statements over and over. Still aware I do it. Still completely okay with it.
Pic taken after eating roasted marshmallows


Anyways, before I share the phrase, wanted to share what I got to do yesterday and part of today. I had been planning on taking Emmiline and Eloise backpacking yesterday. With schedules and responsibilities it was just going to be the best timing to try to get away. Backpacking... not camping. Much different. Carrying everything you need or want on your back with you. Had been planning this for a long time. Actually, it took me at least 6 months to talk Emmiline into backpacking. She didn't lack interest and desire. It was the thought of using the potty in the woods that kept her from committing to go.


Well, we knew it was going to rain nearly all day and night, but we didn't want to miss our chance to go. Decided to try backpacking when weather was a little better. We settled for camping in spite of the weather challenges. May sound strange (since it rained almost non-stop for the first 12 hours), but we had such a great time.

This all to lead up to my new phrase... new motto. “Make the best with what you've got.” I know it sounds simple and remedial, but it's a good thing for me to constantly remind myself.

As I prepared for the camping trip, I tried not to buy anything for the trip. Knowing I needed rope (of course), I scrounged up any scraps of thick string / rope I could find. As I tied tarps up over the tent (and firepit!) I found myself using 5 different types of rope... several times it was little pieces tied together to make a longer piece.


I say that to share that as I attempt to “make the best with what I've got,” I want to always remind myself that I always have a lot! I always have more than enough!

I remember giving a talk many years ago. I shared a lesson God had taught me. Instead of comparing my giftings (or resources) to anyone else... instead of feeling jealous, frustrated or inferior... God's simply called me to be grateful and faithful with what I've got. And, again, I've always got a lot!

I mean that. In terms of having a lot, I'm truly loaded. The pictures below show a couple of the great gifts I've got.









No comments:

Post a Comment